Dirty Doggo LLC shall provide services to undersigned Client ("Client") upon the following terms and conditions:
- 1. By submitting a dog for services rendered by DIRTY DOGGO'S, Client represents to DIRTY DOGGO'S that said dog is owned by Client and/or Client has been granted express authority by said dog's owner to contract for DIRTY DOGGO'S services.
- 2. Duty to Disclose: Client has an ongoing duty to disclose any and all medical or behavioral conditions, or changes in medical or behavioral conditions, of said dog to DIRTY DOGGO'S, whether the condition or change in condition is considered major or minor to the Client. Medical conditions include, but are not limited to, allergies, vomiting, Giardia, Coccidia and any other conditions that may affect the health of the dog. Behavioral conditions include but are not limited to dog bites, human bites, anxiety, aggression, and any other conditions that may classify the dog as a nuisance dog or a dangerous dog.
- 3. Right to refuse: DIRTY DOGGO'S has the right to refuse any dog at any time for any reason, including but not limited to injury, sickness, or behavior that in the sole and absolute judgment of DIRTY DOGGO'S could jeopardize the health or safety of other dogs, employees, or other clients.
- 4. Health records: Each dog shall have an updated health record issued by a licensed veterinarian prior to receiving services from DIRTY DOGGO'S. Client shall provide DIRTY DOGGO'S with an updated health record on an annual basis. The health record shall show evidence that the dog has a negative fecal test and is current on all vaccinations including rabies, distemper/parvo, and Bordetella. Client's dog shall be on a flea and tick preventative. If the Client's dog does not have an updated health record, DIRTY DOGGO will terminate services immediately.
- 5. Collars and leashes: All dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the building and shall have a quick release collar that does not contain any tags.
- 6. Personal Property: DIRTY DOGGO'S shall not be liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal property belonging to the Client caused by the Client, another Client or another Client's dog. If the Client or Client's dog causes injury or damage to other dogs, persons and/or himself/herself, Client shall be solely responsible for any liability associated therewith and shall indemnify and hold DIRTY DOGGO'S harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses and/or damages resulting from or connected with any injury or damage to other dogs, persons or himself/herself as a result thereof.
- 7. Media Release: Client grants permission to DIRTY DOGGO'S to use the Client's dog's name and/or images or likeness of the dog while he/she is staying at DIRTY DOGGO'S, in any format, for any use, at any time, in any media marketing, advertisement, illustration, or promotional materials.
- 8. Emergency Veterinarian Care and Expenses: DIRTY DOGGO'S shall have the right to obtain medical treatment for Client's dog, if, in DIRTY DOGGO'S sole and absolute discretion, it appears that Client's dog may be ill, injured or exhibits any other behavior that would reasonably suggest that he/she may need medical treatment. The employees of DIRTY DOGGIE are NOT medically trained and have limited knowledge of each dog's normal behavior. Although DIRTY DOGGO'S shall use reasonable observation skills to recognize any irregular behavior of Client's dog that may indicate an illness or injury, they shall not be held liable for not recognizing that Client's dog is ill or injured. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact Client and Client's emergency contact person, if any, when DIRTY DOGGO'S determines that medical treatment is necessary. However, if DIRTY DOGGO'S is unable to contact Client or Client's emergency contact, DIRTY DOGGO'S and the veterinarian chosen by DIRTY DOGGO'S may rely on this paragraph as Client's consent to treat Client's dog. Client hereby grants the veterinarian and DIRTY DOGGO'S the right to make medically necessary decisions for the treatment of Client's dog, and hereby release the veterinarian and DIRTY DOGGO'S from all liability for the same. If Client is unable to be reached, Client hereby grants Client's emergency contact the right to make medically necessary decisions for the treatment of Client's dog. DIRTY DOGGO'S shall first attempt to seek treatment from the veterinarian provided in Client's application ("Designated Veterinarian"), but DIRTY DOGGO'S shall have the right to seek veterinary treatment from an alternative veterinarian if: (i) the dog needs urgent care and another veterinarian is closer, (ii) DIRTY DOGGO'S is unable to reach the Designated Veterinarian, or (iii) DIRTY DOGGO'S is unable to transport the pet to Designated Veterinarian. If Client's dog passes away at DIRTY DOGGO'S, said dog will be brought to the nearest veterinarian. If Client's dog passes away while in the custody of DIRTY DOGGO'S or while receiving emergency treatment in accordance with this paragraph, Client shall authorize a necropsy to be performed on said dog and the results shall be provided to DIRTY DOGGO'S. CLIENT SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES RELATED TO ANY MEDICAL TREATMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE COST OF ANY TRANSPORTATION FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH TREATMENT AND THE NECROPSY.
- 9. Disaster Preparedness Plan: In the unlikely event of an emergency or natural disaster, every effort will be made to contact the Client and the Client's Emergency Contact, if any, to retrieve the Client's dog. Client authorizes DIRTY DOGGO'S to transport, and/or make temporary alternative arrangements to house and care for Client's dog until either Client or Client's Emergency Contact can pick up Client's dog.
- 10. Abandoned Dog: No dog may be left after the scheduled pick-up time without communication from Client. If Client's dog is left without contact, your dog will be deemed abandoned after 10 days in accordance too the Massachusetts State Law.
- 11. Returned Checks: If your check is returned there is a $35 service charge. Any outstanding charges due to a returned check, including the service charge must be paid in full by cash or credit card prior to the Client's next appointment at DIRTY DOGGO'S.
- 1. Shave Down Policy: Shaving a dog may be necessary due to matting or it may be by personal choice. Shaving means to clip the coat very close to the skin, which gives a "smooth" look. There can be a variety of skin and coat problems that may occur after the shave down of a dog. These problems may include the following: a)Loss of hair growth
- 2. If the coat is matted, please be aware that nicks, cuts, abrasions, clipper burn, and overall skin irritation(s) are more likely.
- 3. Sometimes the grooming experience can unveil hidden pre-existing conditions. DIRTY DOGGO'S will always bring anything the groomer may notice to the Client's attention. DIRTY DOGO'S cannot diagnose a condition but may advise the Client to seek veterinary care for Client's dog.
- 4. Double Coat Shave Downs: DIRTY DOGGO'S advises against shaving any breed of dog that has a double coat or are short haired. The dogs' hair is there to protect them and should not be shaved. If shaved, the hair of the Client's dog may grow back spotty, thicker, or thinner. Shaving will also increase the risk of sunburn. If Client chooses to have DIRTY DOGGO'S shave Client's dog, Client acknowledges and assumes the risk of the above listed conditions that may occur.
- 5. No-Show/Cancellations: No-shows and last-minute cancellations (less than 24-hour notice) are subject to a $25 Cancellation fee PER PET, which shall be added to Client's next service. Prepayment for said cancellation fee shall be required before another appointment is booked. DIRTY DOGGO'S is a by-appointment business, and another client could have taken your appointment if DIRTY DOGGO'S had been given proper notice of the cancellation. Clients who are fifteen (15) minutes late risk losing their appointment without notice at the sole discretion of DIRTY DOGGO'S.
b)Bald patches and/or thin spots where skin is visible
c)A different coat color for example: a red coat may be blonde after a haircut
d)Coat growing back a different texture
e)Itching, scratching, biting, licking, shaking, twitching, spinning, rubbing, etc
f)Hyper pigmentation - darkening of the skin where the coat has not grown back
g)Sunburn (sunscreen is recommended after a shave down)
h)Loss of guard coat, especially in double coated breeds
i)Coat re-growth in different direction (cowlicks)
j)Hotspots can develop days or even weeks after shave down
(A) THERE ARE INHERENT AND POTENTIAL RISKS BETWEEN HUMANS AND DOGS, AS WELL AS BETWEEN DOGS AND OTHER DOGS, WHICH MAY RESULT IN PROPERTY DAMAGE OR BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERMANENT DISABILITY, SICKNESS OR DEATH TO HUMAN OR DOG; (B) THERE MAY BE OTHER RISKS NOT KNOWN TO YOU OR DIRTY DOGGO'S, NOR READILY FORESEEABLE AT THIS TIME (COLLECTIVELY, "RISKS"). CLIENT ACCEPTS AND ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL RISKS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF CLIENT'S DOG'S PARTICIPATION AT DIRTY DOGGO'S, INCLUDING ANY VETERINARIAN EXPENSES INCURRED ON BEHALF OF OR CAUSED BY CLIENT'S DOG. "SICKNESS" INCLUDES ANY ILLNESS NOT LIMITED TO BORDETELLA (KENNEL COUGH), BLOAT, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CONTAGIOUS DISEASE.
By signing below, Client is representing that he/she has read, understands, and agrees, to all the terms and conditions contained in the four (4) pages of this Client Agreement including any waivers of liability, assumptions of risk and indemnifications, as they may be amended from time to time. Client executes this Client Agreement for Client's dog, Client, and Client's heirs, assessors, representatives, and assigns. If signing electronically, I hereby agree that my signature will be deemed as an original and take the place of my wet ink signature. If signing in ink, I hereby agree that a true and correct copy of this document may be
produced in lieu of the original application.